FETC Virtual Fall '09 Sponsors and Exhibitors
(as of October 16, 2009)
Pano Logic: Pano Logic was created to address the growing costs and complexity of the PC-based desktop computing paradigm. We've brought together a team of engineers and executives who've had decades of experience working on different approaches to this problem – both from thin-client hardware companies and from virtualization software vendors. We've leveraged this expertise and experience to take a fresh look at how desktop consolidation and virtualization can provide the Windows experience users need while rescuing IT from the escalating overhead of managing distributed PC desktops.
GovConnection: GovConnection is dedicated to fulfilling the unique, specialized IT needs of federal, state, and local governments and academic institutions (K-12 and higher education) throughout the United States. We help academic and government IT and purchasing professionals make informed decisions and reduce procurement costs. With more than 100,000 products, a nationwide network of service partners, and teams of certified technical experts, we'll design, build, and support your end-to-end IT systems—all at once, or in project stages. We'll also identify and apply the federal, state, and local contracts and purchasing vehicles that enable you to achieve your school's or agency's goals—on time and on budget. We'll help you get it done right the first time.
Parallels: Parallels is a worldwide leader in virtualization and automation software that optimizes computing for consumers, businesses, and service providers across all major hardware, operating systems, and virtualization platforms. Founded in 1999, Parallels is a fast-growing company with 700 employees in North America, Europe, and Asia. For more information, please visit www.parallels.com.
- AlertNow: AlertNow’s best-of-class technology delivers voice, e-mail and emergency SMS messages at a rate up to two million per hour – quickly keeping parents and staff informed on important and time-sensitive information. In addition to delivering routine messaging, AlertNow is a critical component to every crisis plan, ensuring accurate information is communicated immediately in the event of a lockdown, relocation, evacuation or other emergency situation.
- Aptiris: Aptiris provides training, services and products for online messaging and collaboration. We have more than 10 years of real-world experience planning, integrating, supporting and customizing communications systems for organizations of all sizes. We will help you extract more value from your existing technology investment and select new tools to improve efficiency and lower your total communications cost. We work with corporations, educational institutions and non-profit agencies across the country to provide enterprise systems administration, training, support and applications development.
- BrainChild: Brainchild has established a strong track record of helping thousands of schools make AYP and win awards for dramatic increases in scores on state tests. Brainchild makes tools to engage all students. Struggling students have a variety of learning styles and disabilities. We make products that help these students find success. They have unlimited, self-paced instructional opportunities. When they learn they can help themselves, they are empowered and engaged.
- Disney Youth Programs: Disney Youth Education Series (Y.E.S.) transports your students into a world of edutainment within the setting of Disney Theme Parks to showcase how principles they're learning in the classroom make exciting things happen every day at the Walt Disney World® Resort. Specially-trained Disney facilitators use captivating material and breathtaking experiences to get your students' eyes wide open to a world of limitless possibilities! The large variety of 2½- to 3½-hour facilitated field study programs are designed to inspire your learners to explore and experience their world. Disney Y.E.S. field studies allows your group to do things it can't do anywhere else in the world!
- Innovations for Learning: Innovations for Learning, Inc. (IFL) is an Illinois nonprofit formed in 1993 to develop innovative technology to improve early elementary education. IFL has created a complete supplemental beginning reading and math instructional program for K-2 classrooms, which has been demonstrated to be effective by independent university research.
- Lincoln Interactive: The Lincoln Interactive curriculum is comprised of student-friendly courses with a wide range of opportunities for academic mastery, investigation, and interaction to suit a variety of learning styles. We provide standards-based online courses that use a variety of traditional and technology-enabled approaches such as simulations, virtual reality environments, game-like scenarios for application of knowledge and problem-solving as well as social participation, and regular monitoring and assessments. At Lincoln Interactive, we believe that the delivery of a dynamic curriculum is a means to meet school and student needs. As a leader in online, interactive education, we deliver flexible, engaging and cost-effective educational solutions.
- OPENTEXT: The Content Experts™ at Open Text offer the Open Text ECM Suite, which helps you manage and gain true value from your business content by connecting it with your people and processes. With the Open Text ECM Suite, you can control the cost and risk of content, make processes more agile, and empower your people to make better decisions.
- Read Naturally, Inc.: Since its launch in 1991, Read Naturally, Inc. continues to be the pioneer in improving fluency, garnering rave reviews and industry recognition from educators, parents, and students across the county. One Minute Reader, Read Naturally’s in-home reading fluency program, has also been honored by the industry. The program has won the Teachers’ Choice Award for the Family from Learning magazine two years in a row, an iParenting Media Award, two Distinguished Achievement Awards from the Association of Educational Publishers, the 2006 National Parenting Seal of Approval, and a 2007 Independent Publisher Book Award.
- Study Island: Since 2000, Study Island has been building and marketing online, state standards-based learning programs that are the most effective and easiest to use of their kind. Our in-house technical development and content teams design and create our programs, which are then sold to schools on a subscription basis through our direct sales force. Used by millions of students in thousands of schools across the United States, all of our programs are built specifically from state standards and are designed to create a very user-friendly experience for both students and teachers alike.
- SunGard Public Sector: SunGard Public Sector’s PLUS Solutions suite of student information, schools assessment & information products, special education software, and school administration software helps you face these challenges. PLUS Solutions helps you simplify school administrative tasks and easily manage student and assessment data while following applicable federal, state, and district requirements and policies.